3 Sales Tips to Kickstart Your Week
Each week we share sales tips for you to share with your sales team to get the week started on the right foot. Here are three to get you started.
1. Two ways to persuade your lead that your, albeit more expensive, product is the right choice: Highlight a particular feature or show how yours is a better integration with their current system.
A particular feature can show you worth the investment and worth more than the competition. Also, by successfully showing that your product better integrates with their existing products or services, you can show your value. (via 8 Ways to Sell Against a Lower Price, Sales Machine
2.) It’s near the end of Q3, and time to start planning and forecasting for next year.
A few key things to include in your sales plan:
- Define your key types of prospects that are most likely to buy. Who is most likely not to buy? (Think: your buyer personas.)
- What is the main marketing message and through which touchpoints does your salesteam deliver that? (Email signatures and inbound and outbound voicemails from individuals are all a part of your marketing too!)
- What is your sales team training strategy for new hires? What kinds of on-going or new training will you need in for current employees?
(via Elements of a Successful Sales Plan – A Template for Simplified Sales Planning, Sales Operations Blog)
3. Put your sales team on a diet.
It’s not a food diet, but by giving them a smaller number of calls to work through you can identify strengths and weaknesses in a struggling sales team and actually have the time for coaching and improvement. (via How to Improve Your Struggling Sales Team, Inc Magazine) What sales tips have you read about lately that you’ll use this week? Let us know in the comments!