How to Make the Most
of Your Yesware Trial
What is Yesware?
Yesware is an inbox toolkit designed to help you work smarter and faster.
- Give you new email insight that shows you when you’re top of mind and what’s working.
- Replace manual steps with automation to increase your productivity.
- Scale personalized outreach to get you more replies faster.
We recommend bookmarking this guide for reference whenever you need it.
1. How to send tracked emails
We’re about to change your life. 🙌
Ever wish you could read your recipient’s mind? You can get pretty close to it with email tracking.
No more black holes. Email tracking tells you:
- When your emails are being read (real-time desktop notifications).
- Where and on what device your message was just opened.
- When your attachment is viewed, plus a report showing how much time recipients have spent on each page.
We also made it super easy to use. Your Compose box will default to checking off the tracking option for you. To adjust your settings at any time, you can hover over the Track checkbox and click Change Preferences:
This will bring you to a screen where you can choose whether or not to track opens, links, sender events, and colleague events.
We’ll help you keep tabs on your tracked emails in these three ways:
- You’ll receive desktop alerts whenever the status or your email changes:
- You can click into the Tracking dashboard at the top of your Gmail inbox for a more in-depth look at tracking data.
- Any time you want more in-depth reporting (like # of email opens over time), check out your Tracking Report at app.yesware.com.
Use the Emails tab in the sidebar to sort your sent emails by Not Opened, Opened + Not Replied, and Clicked:
Seeing what’s working with your emails helps you prioritize next steps. For example, if you’re not getting many opens, you may need to vary your subject line for follow-ups. If someone has opened and clicked, it might be a good time to reach out by phone.
Pro tip: See all of the extra benefits of email tracking here.
2. See time spent reading with Attachment Tracking
To add a tracked attachment to any email, click the green paperclip icon button in your Gmail Compose Window.
Note: This tracking will work for any PDF, PPT, or PPTX attachment.
You’ll be asked whether you want to: 1) allow downloads and 2) ask viewers to enter their names to access the presentation.
Note: You must check this second one off to see read-time reports by individual viewer.
When you press the Continue button, your file will be entered as a stylized link within the body of your email.
Once you send your email, you’ll be notified via desktop notification (and through your Tracking dashboard) when your attachment is viewed.
By clicking the View Report button in your Tracking dashboard, you can access details like time spent on page for each recipient:
3. How to schedule emails to send later
Send Later comes with two serious perks that let you write emails when it’s convenient:
- You can schedule emails to be sent at a later date and/or time, and
- You can change your send time to your recipient’s time zone.
This feature is great for self-reminders in the future and for emails going out to recipients in other states or countries.
Here’s how you can get started. In your Gmail compose window, hit the green Later button:
Select the date, time, and time zone you want. Then, press the Confirm button:
To save your email to be sent later, simply click the green Send on X/XX button.
Want to see a list of all of your scheduled emails? You can quickly access that underneath the Tracking dashboard at the top of your inbox under the Scheduled tab.
4. Add follow-up reminders so emails don’t fall through the cracks
You probably have a lot on your mind right now. Which makes it easy for emails to disappear into an abyss when someone doesn’t interact with your initial outreach.
Reminders lets you quickly set alerts to pop up in your inbox at the time/date you choose.
Any time you send an email that you want to track and follow-up manually if they don’t reply, click the bell icon in a Compose view:
Then pick your desired time/date and add any notes you’ll need:
To keep tabs on Reminders, visit the Tracking dashboard underneath the Reminders tab in the sidebar.
5. How to create and save Templates
Stuck typing the same email over and over again? Or copying and pasting the same message, then tailoring it to the next person?
The last thing you want is to waste time or make mistakes, so let us introduce you to your new best friend: Templates.
To access this feature, click into the Templates module at the top of your inbox:
Then click the New Template button:
Type out your message (or copy and paste pre-existing messaging).
Pro tip: Get started by stealing one of these email templates.
There are three different ways to add placeholders for text that will change from one email to the next:
- Text Field (for short phrases that vary widely from one recipient to the next and for fully customized sentences).
- Salesforce Field (if you’re a Salesforce user and want to pull in a field from CRM).
- Dropdown Field (if the info to be filled for each email is one of a handful of options — like “morning,” “afternoon,” or “evening.”).
Pro tip: Template Reporting is available at app.yesware.com. You’ll see each template listed individually with how many times it’s been used, how many replies received, and what the open and reply rates are.
6. Make scheduling easy with Book A Time
Setting up meetings can be stressful. But Book A Time makes it easy by getting rid of the back-and-forth.
Ready to get started? Click the calendar icon in any email you’re writing:
A view of your calendar will appear, letting you select your availability or toggle to a coworker’s calendar. Here’s what to do:
- Choose your meeting length (15, 30, 45, 60 minutes).
- Add a Meeting Title (required).
- Select blocks of availability right from your calendar (highlighted in green below).
Once you’ve selected the times you want to send, click the Insert Times button and we’ll drop them in your email as a link for your recipient to book through.
When your recipient clicks the link, they’ll see your available time slots and can select one to book.
Note: Book A Time tracks your availability in real-time to avoid conflicts like double-booking.
Once they book, you (or your coworker, if you used Book A Time for their calendar) will get an email alert confirming the meeting is booked.
Pro tip: Master your schedule and learn more about Book A Time.
7. Automate bulk emails and follow-ups with Mail Merge
Want to personalize an email to more than one person at the same time?
Our Mail Merge feature lets you to customize and send emails to up to 200 recipients at once.
Click into the Mail Merge module at the top of your inbox:
Then click Create a Mail Merge.
From there, give your Mail Merge a name and upload a recipient list — either from Salesforce or a .csv file.
Write out an email or insert a Template as the first email in your Mail Merge.
Note: Use the + Text Field button to insert custom fields that line up with the columns in your .csv or a Salesforce field. You can preview to make sure that fields are merging properly.
Next, choose a time and date to send it out.
You also have an option to add a second stage (and third, and fourth, etc.) in case the first email goes unanswered. You can choose how long to wait after the first stage and pick filtering logic.
To make sure your custom fields are populating properly, click the Preview tab. You can click on each email address to see what any email will look like:
Next, you’ll choose whether to:
- Add a CC and/or BCC address.
- Sync the Mail Merge to Salesforce.
- Track links within the messages.
To activate your campaign, check off the disclaimer then press the Send button.
Voila! All set. The best part is the email sends right from your inbox.
Note: To see the status of your Mail Merge, return to the “Mail Merge” module. Here, you can view opens, clicks, replies, and bounce rates.
Clicking into a row will display a detailed view of the report with information on each individual recipient.
8. How to sync your CRM in seconds
Data entry is the worst.
It consumes precious time you could be spending selling. That’s why we integrated with Salesforce and have a BCC option for other CRMs — to make your life a hell of a lot easier.
Salesforce users: How to sync to Yesware
With our Salesforce integration, Yesware automatically sends tracking events to Salesforce, syncs with your Google Calendar, and pulls Salesforce data into a new place: your inbox.
After a one-time setup to Salesforce, you’ll be good to go. Here’s how to do it in 60 seconds:
Click on the Yesware menu in the top left corner of your Gmail inbox and select Preferences:
- Select the Salesforce tab at the bottom.
- Toggle Salesforce Sidebar and Send to Salesforce to ON.
- Click the Set up Salesforce button. You’ll be prompted to log into your Salesforce account (if you haven’t already logged in) and grant access to Yesware.
- Once your Salesforce is set up, click the Save and Reload Gmail button.
That's it! Here's what your new Salesforce Sidebar will look like:
Now when you email a contact who has info in Salesforce, you won’t need to toggle tabs to access it.
Other CRM users: Using Yesware with your system
Non-Salesforce users can log emails to CRM with our BCC email feature.
Note: You’ll need to know your CRM’s BCC email address or unique dropbox address.
Click on the Yesware menu in the top left corner of your Gmail inbox and select Preferences.
- Select the Compose Options tab.
- Toggle BCC to CRM to ON.
- Enter your unique CRM Email Address and click the Save and Reload Gmail button.
What comes next?
We hope you enjoy your trial of Yesware!
Want more tips on how to increase your productivity with less effort? Sign up for new blog posts to be delivered straight to your inbox (once a week).
Feel free to follow us on Twitter (@Yesware) to stay up to date with us!