50 Motivational Sales Quotes to Inspire Your Team (2022)
Let’s be honest, sales is tough. We’re all human. Sometimes we need that extra push of motivation to go tackle our day. We’ve got you covered.
You deal with your fair share of resistance and even straight-up negativity from prospects throughout your day. Hearing “no” after countless weeks of conversation and wasted time is downright frustrating, no matter how long you’ve been working in sales.
Occasionally you need that extra boost of positivity to feel resilient.
Although not everyone’s a fan of motivational quotes, positive messages promote the brain’s cognitive functioning. Give it a try. Take a deep breath, have a sip of coffee, and try these on for size.
Here are some of our favorite motivational sales quotes this year.
Motivational Sales Quotes to Inspire Sales Reps
1. “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” – Chris Grosser
2. “Become the person who would attract the results you seek.” – Jim Cathcart
3. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” – Lisa Stone
4. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
5. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
6. “Accountability breeds responsibility.” – Stephen Covey
7. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Helen Keller, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
8. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
9. “Success is the sum of small efforts — repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
10. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash
11. Dream big! There are no limitations to how good you can become or how high you can rise except the limits you put on yourself.” – Brian Tracy
12. “The best sales questions have your expertise wrapped into them.” – Jill Konrath
13. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
14. “Quality performance starts with a positive attitude.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
15. “Sometimes the most influential thing we can do is listen.” – Bob Burg
16. “Prospecting – find the man with the problem.” – Ben Friedman
17. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” – Vince Lombardi
18. “Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” – Madam C.J. Walker
19. “Treat objections as requests for further information.” — Brian Tracy
20. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
21. “Be so good, they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
22. “The story is the heart of the sale.” – Matthew Pollard
23. “If you don’t believe in what you’re selling, neither will your prospect.” – Frank Bettger
24. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
25. “For every sale you miss because you were too enthusiastic, you’ll miss a hundred because you weren’t enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar
Ignite your driveAutomate tasks & boost productivity with all the right tools inside your Gmail or Outlook inbox.
26. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
27. “What differentiates sellers today is their ability to bring fresh ideas.” – Jill Konrath
28. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
29. “Winning is great, sure, but the secret is learning how to lose. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday” – Wilma Rudolph
30. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
31. “Great things are done by a series of small things done together.” – Vincent van Gogh
32. “Either run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
33. “If we are going to be part of the solution, we have to engage the problems.” – Majora Carter
34. “Good leaders don’t make excuses. Instead, they figure out a way to get things done.” – Jocko Willink (more Jocko Willink quotes here.)
35. “Success looks a lot like failure up until the moment you break through the finish line.” – Dan Waldschmidt
36. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
37. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.” – Seth Godin
38. “Expect to make mistakes when you are trying new and different approaches.” – Harvey Mackay
39. “Excellence is not a skill. It’s an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
40. “You have to drop your sales mentality and start working with your prospects as if they’ve already hired you.” – Jill Konrath
41. “The best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
42. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
43. “Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.” – Diana Ross
44. “80% of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
45. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” – Nelson Mandela
46. “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” – William James
47. “For a leader, getting results is more important than getting credit.” – Bob Burg
48. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
49. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
50. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
Everyone needs the occasional motivational sales quote to help push them through the tough days.
We hope these quotes can do just that.
Once you’re ready and motivated — go tackle your day, you got this.
Get expert sales tips straight to your inbox to win more deals
Yesware is an all-in-one toolkit for sales professionals and sales teams. Try our Outlook or Gmail add-on for free!
Hit your number every monthGet Yesware for free
Works on Outlook or Gmail (+ many more integrations)
Sales, deal management, and communication tips for your inbox