‘One Day at a Time’: 38 Quotes for Getting Through a Bad Sales Day
Everyone has those days when it feels like nothing is going right. In sales, a day at the office can be exciting and motivational, but it can also be unpredictable.
There’s nothing like the feeling of satisfaction at the end of a day when you overshot your sales goals.
But on the bad days? Leads dry up, every person you reach out to isn’t interested, and all your sales pitches seem to fall flat.
When the end of the day comes with what feels like nothing to show for it, it can be hard to look forward to coming back into the office the next day.
On these days, the old adage “live one day at a time” can sound repetitive after a while — but pause for a minute: Yes, it’s hard not to wonder what the future holds, but if you think about it, nothing is predictable. There is no guaranteed outcome for anything in life and everything is changing all the time, this crappy day included.
It could feel like your chips are down now, but it just as easily can and will swing back towards better days.
Don’t believe us? Read these positive quotes from people who give us a simple reminder: Life is unpredictable and the only thing we can do is to live in the moment and take on new challenges with bravery.Achieve your goalsConnect with more buyers today
One Day at a Time Quotes About Your Future
The quotes in this section are helpful for those of us who tend to spin out and stress about the future after a bad day. They show us that the future is unpredictable and to live in the moment of today.
1. “Everyone is lonely, we have to remember that life is to be lived one day at a time. You cannot worry about the past or future. Happiness is in the now.” — Claudia Gray
2. “Don’t look too far into the future, just look at tomorrow. One day at a time.” — Joe Wicks
3. “I live one day at a time, one hour at a time.” — Paula Yates
4. “I believe in one day at a time; you’ve got TODAY, that’s what you’ve got.” — Al Pacino
5. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
6. “One day at a time is all we do. One day at a time is good for you.” — John Lennon
7. “My philosophy is to take one day at a time. I don’t worry about the future. Tomorrow is even out of sight for me.” – Bobby Darin
8. “I’ve always approached my career and my life, you know, one day at a time, as if this was the last day that I’m going, because you never know as an athlete and as a dancer. You never know what can happen today, tomorrow.” — Misty Copeland
One Day At a Time Quotes for Staying Grounded
Before you panic or worry about what could happen, remember that you can only live this moment. These quotes are all about staying in the “now” so that tomorrow you’ll feel energized and ready to tackle a new day.
9. “…we can in life, we take things one day at a time and sometimes we all just need a simple reminder of that.” — Demi Lovato
10. “I live one day at a time, one day at a time. Yesterday’s gone and tomorrow is blind, so I live one day at a time. “ — Willie Nelson
11. “Life’s so full that you just take it one day at a time.”– Sheryl Crow
12. “People aren’t evil and people aren’t good. They live how they can one day at a time.” — Caryl Churchill
13. “I try to live my life one day at a time, and if I look too far in advance, I get really stressed.” — Hope Solo
14. “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.” – Dean Acheson
15. “Quit worrying about how everything is going to turn out. Live one day at a time; better yet, make the most of this moment.” — Joel Osteen
16. “Now is now, and I live everything one day at a time. The fact that I’m still on the planet and able to still make music is such a miracle.” – Ronnie Milsap
One Day At a Time Motivational Quotes for Work
Need a little afternoon pick-me-up on a workday? Is your team feeling down or unmotivated? These quotes remind us to stay focused and keep pushing forward past a bad sales day.
Motivate your entire teamSuite of easy-to-use tools that make your life easier
17. “…is looking for instant success, but it doesn’t work that way. You build a successful life one day at a time.” — Lou Holtz
18. “I’ll never worry about not being successful. I’ll just take it one day at a time, one season at a time. And play as hard as I can.” – Bo Jackson
19. “Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece.” — Dale West
20. “Live one day at a time. Keep your attention in present time. Have no expectations. Make no judgments. And give up the need to know why things happen as they do. Give it up!” – Caroline Myss
21. “There is magic in knocking down your most important domino day after day. All you have to do is avoid breaking the chain, one day at a time until you generate a powerful new habit in your life.” – Gary W. Keller
22. “All we can do is try, do our best. Give as much time as we have to give, one day at a time. One breath at a time.” – Jasinda Wilder
23. “My motivation is tomorrow, just one day at a time, right?” – Rafael Nadal
One Day at a Time Life Quotes for Taking on Challenges
Feeling a little intimidated by the thought of a new day with new challenges after things just didn’t pan out today? Take on the world and be ready for those better days ahead.
24. “Don’t let fear rule your life. Live one day at a time, and never be afraid.” — Tammy Faye Bakker
25. “A lot of things have been thrown at me in life, and I’ve got through it all without a rule book, taking it one day at a time.” — Yoko Ono
26. “Take one day at a time. Allow yourself to change.” – Paul Henderson
27. “Take life one day at a time because every day is a different day with new challenges.” — Penny Streeter
28. “The road to recovery will not always be easy, but I will take it one day at a time, focusing on the moments I’ve dreamed about for so long.” — Amanda Lindhout
29. “No matter how difficult your situation is, you can get through it if you don’t look too far into the future, and focus on the present moment. You can get through anything one day at a time.” — Bob Parsons
30. “Take life on life’s terms – one day at a time. And have fun while you’re doing it.” — Joe Perry
31. “Dream big, my friend, and never give up. We all make mistakes, but none of us are mistakes. Take one day at a time. Embrace the positive attitudes, perspectives, principles, and truths I share, and you, too, will overcome.” – Nick Vujicic
Funny One Day at a Time Quotes
Sometimes after a hard day, we just need a laugh. Plain and simple. Here are some quotes guaranteed to lift your spirits.
32. “I’m just taking it one day at a time. Actually, that’s a total lie. I always think about what’s in front of me.” – Julianne Hough
33. “I try to take it one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.” — Ashleigh Brilliant
34. “We live one day at a time and scratch where it itches.” – Darrell Royal
35. “I have a new philosophy. I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” – Charles M. Schulz
36. “When people go through something rough in life, they say, “I’m taking it one day at a time.” Yes, so is everybody. Because that’s how time works.” – Hannibal Buress
37. “How does a project get to be a year late? One day at a time.” — Fred Brooks
38. “Live one day at a time, unless you can figure out how to live two.” — Dik Browne
Get expert sales tips straight to your inbox to win more deals
Yesware is an all-in-one toolkit for sales professionals and sales teams. Try our Outlook or Gmail add-on for free!
Hit your number every monthGet Yesware for free
Works on Outlook or Gmail (+ many more integrations)
Sales, deal management, and communication tips for your inbox