What do you and Oprah have in common?
Each day as she waits for her morning tea to brew, she reads one productivity quote per minute.
Positive words can drive you to action — by holding them in your mind, you stimulate frontal lobe brain activity that moves you to action.
And it must work. She’s freakin’ Oprah.
It’s time to get on her level. We have 10 productivity quotes that’ll motivate you throughout the day. Then, put your words into action with 3 productivity-positive inbox tools.
Tight on time? Jump around to any section.
3. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” -Sally Berger.
5. “It’s not the absence of fear, it’s overcoming it. Sometimes you’ve got to blast through and have faith.” -Emma Watson.
6. “At some point, you really just have to finish your work and release it as is — if only so you can go on and make other things with a glad and determined heart.” -Elizabeth Gilbert.
7. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” -Karen Lamb.
8. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” -Judy Garland.
9. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” -Eleanor Roosevelt.
While productivity quotes are good for the morning pick-me-up, there’s a way to keep yourself productive on a daily basis.
How? By eliminating the stuff you don’t need to be doing in the first place.
These three tools plug right into your inbox and take your productivity to the next level.
Not only that, you can try all of them in one trial without a credit card.
The problem? On average, office workers spend 2.6 hours per day reading and writing emails.
Not only that, you’re more prone to send an email with typos when you type every one from scratch or copy, paste, and edit from there.
If you’re using the same email copy over-and-over again, templates would work perfectly.
Instead of taking ten minutes to find your go-to email, you can create categorized templates that live right inside your inbox.
Once you save a template with custom fields, all you have to do is click onto the “Templates” module at the top of your inbox to insert it into your Email Compose view.
Here’s what it looks like in action:
It’s like playing Mad Libs — Except everything makes sense.
The best time to deliver an email isn’t always when you’re ready to press send.
You have to factor in all of the moving parts — maybe your recipient is in a different time zone or you’re writing emails late at night.
So, you take the risk of remembering and put it off until later.
That’s why we created Send Later for Gmail. You can write your emails right now and schedule them to send when you choose:
It happens all the time.
You need to schedule a meeting with a customer/colleague/vendor and you fall into the abyss of finding the perfect time.
It’s time-consuming— Research shows that professionals spend 4 ¾ hours per week scheduling just 9 meetings. 😱
So, we decided to eliminate the back-and-forth with Book A Time.
Here’s how it works: